About this item
- The AlTiN coating on these end mills protects them from wear and is more resistant to high heat than TiN, TiCN, and TiAlN coatings. AlTiN-coated end mills are used for milling hard and abrasive materials. High-performance carbide square end mills are designed to last longer and create a finer finish when used in their recommended, first-choice materials than general purpose end mills.
- They are used in production milling. Roughing/finishing end mills remove large amounts of material and create a smooth finish on the workpiece at the same time. Carbide end mills provide excellent wear resistance and heat resistance, and they are harder than high-speed steel, cobalt, or powdered-metal end mills. Also called square-nose end mills, square end mills have a square nose and are rotated against a piece of stock to create a flat-bottomed groove with 90° inside corners in milling tasks.
- They are used for counterboring, side and face milling, and milling square shoulders.. Item Square End Mill Material – Machining Carbide Finish – Machining AlTiN Shank Type – Machining Weldon Flat Milling Dia. 1/2 in Measurement System Fractional Inch
- Length of Cut 2 in Overall Length 4 in Shank Dia. 1/2 in Neck Length 0 in Helix Angle 38 Degrees Number of Flutes 4 Cutting Direction Right Hand
- Drilling Tool Configuration Individual Coolant Fed Non-Coolant Through Miniature End Mill No List Number 4V05 End Mill Application Roughing/Finishing End Mill Style Square Single End/Double End Single End
- Material Grade – Machining WP15PE Primary Material Application Cast Iron, Stainless Steel, Steel Primary Material Application ISO Code K, M, P End Mill Cutting Type Center Cutting